• To develop the dignity, self esteem and appropriate behavior in each child.
• To promote a sense of Greek Community and the community at large.
• To offer a nurturing environment that encourages exploration and risk taking.
• To facilitate learning through hands on projects and use of our five senses.
• To create a love for reading by surrounding children with a wealth of literature.
• To promote interacting with one another and cooperative learning.
• To promote the value of community helpers and a sense of career awareness in their growth.
I Academic Goals
a. Recognition of upper and lower case letters.
b. Math – Numbers 1-10 (recognition, sequencing, quantity, sorting/sizes).
c. Colors – Primary Colors and mixing them to get the other colors.
e. Major Holidays
h. Reading and Comprehension of story through use of questions- when, why, who, what, how) predicting outcome, cause and effect and picture books.
i. Incorporation of listening skills and following directions in all areas.
II Artistic Goals
a. Self-expression through free-painting, coloring, molding with play- doh, e.t.c.
b. Use of variety of materials and textures to promote exploration, feeling, texture, e.t.c.
III Socialization Goals
a. Free play using age appropriate educational games and toys.
b. Promoting co-operative play.
c. Building self-esteem.
d. Responsibility and independence.
e. Discovery of feelings and verbal expression.
IV Development of Gross and Fine Motor Skills
a. Gross – jumping, skipping, hopping, bean bag/ball tossing, e.t.c.
b. Fine – cutting, pasting, coloring, manipulating small objects, e.t.c.
Hands on activities and experiments. Ex:
a. What floats, what sinks
c. Growing from seeds
VI Music and Movement Incorporated Throughout Daily Routine.
d. Using our body to create music.
e. Rhyme – Poetry, Nursery Rhymes.
f. Following directions on the tape.
VII Community Awareness
1. Church attendance (Friday)
2. Bringing in community helpers for actual hands on illustrations such as:
f. Doctor, Nurse, others.
b. Physical Education
c. Greek Dance
d. Greek Music
e. Greek Language
IX Annual Events
(Performance dates can be found on the yearly school calendar)
a. Fall Festival (October)
b. Art Exhibit (April)
c. End of the year Stepping Up Ceremony (June)
X Field Trips
All students must be accompanied by an adult
Students will receive progress reports in January and June
|Period 4 (Lunch)||11:05||-||11:45|